By Tore Johannessen
- Introduces a brand new paradigm, Predator-prey Synergism, as a construction block on which to build new ecological theories. It means that Predator-prey Synergism is necessary in a few terrestrial ecosystems and is in contract with the punctuated equilibria thought of evolution (i.e., stepwise evolution).
- Suggests a common method to the recruitment puzzle in marine organisms
- Proposes a holistic speculation for marine spring blooming ecosystems via contemplating variability bettering and variability dampening processes
- Asserts that fisheries will result in variability in marine ecosystems and change the strength circulate styles in predictable ways
Read Online or Download From an Antagonistic to a Synergistic Predator Prey Perspective: Bifurcations in Marine Ecosystem PDF
Similar marine biology books
The time period "zooplankton" describes the group of floating, usually microscopic, animals that inhabit aquatic environments. Being close to the bottom of the meals chain, they function nutrition for greater animals, equivalent to fish. The ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the ocean) Zooplankton technique guide offers complete assurance of recent suggestions in zooplankton ecology written by way of a bunch of foreign specialists.
Comprising by means of a ways the biggest and such a lot varied crew of vertebrates, fishes occupy a large swathe of habitats starting from the private ocean abyss to the top mountain lakes. Such very good ecological variety and the ensuing type in way of life, anatomy, body structure and behaviour, make unraveling the evolutionary background of fishes a frightening job.
Of all vertebrates, fish convey unprecedented variety of sexual plasticity and suppleness, starting from gonochorism to unisexualism, and unprecedented styles of sensible hermaphroditism. Fish farming and monosex aquaculture have resulted in reproductive disorder with men generating much less milt, and ladies failing to ovulate and spawn.
The tropical estuarine platforms of Mexico and valuable the US are an immense a part of the region´s coastlines; for instance Mexico on my own possesses greater than 770 thousand hectares of mangroves, in addition to the most important estuarine mangrove complicated at the American Pacific (Marismas Nacionales), but is likely one of the poorest studied parts on the planet.
- The Bottlenose Dolphin
- Lakes of the World with Google Earth: Understanding our Environment (Coastal Research Library)
- Geographic Information Systems in Oceanography and Fisheries
- Chemical Oceanography, Fourth Edition
- The Everglades, Florida Bay, and Coral Reefs of the Florida Keys: An Ecosystem Sourcebook
Additional resources for From an Antagonistic to a Synergistic Predator Prey Perspective: Bifurcations in Marine Ecosystem
From an Antagonistic to a Synergistic Predator Prey Perspective: Bifurcations in Marine Ecosystem by Tore Johannessen