By John D. Wehr,Robert G. Sheath,J. Patrick Kociolek
* the 1st entire accounting of North America's freshwater algal genera in additional than 50 years
* features a advisor to the present literature on species identity in every one team of algae
* fine quality pictures and drawings of greater than 770 genera
* a transparent, easy-to-use introductory key to the diagnostic chapters
* man made chapters on freshwater habitats, use of algae in environmental evaluate, and keep watch over of nuisance algae
* Contributions from 27 specialists in all parts of freshwater algae
* vast literature citations
* spouse quantity of Ecology and type of North American Freshwater Invertebrates 2d version, edited through Throp and Covich
Read or Download Freshwater Algae of North America: Ecology and Classification (Aquatic Ecology) PDF
Similar marine biology books
The time period "zooplankton" describes the group of floating, frequently microscopic, animals that inhabit aquatic environments. Being close to the bottom of the nutrients chain, they function meals for higher animals, comparable to fish. The ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the ocean) Zooplankton technique guide presents accomplished assurance of recent thoughts in zooplankton ecology written by means of a gaggle of overseas specialists.
Comprising by way of a long way the biggest and so much various staff of vertebrates, fishes occupy a vast swathe of habitats starting from the private ocean abyss to the top mountain lakes. Such tremendous ecological range and the ensuing sort in way of life, anatomy, body structure and behaviour, make unraveling the evolutionary background of fishes a frightening activity.
Of all vertebrates, fish express exceptional range of sexual plasticity and adaptability, starting from gonochorism to unisexualism, and unparalleled styles of practical hermaphroditism. Fish farming and monosex aquaculture have ended in reproductive disorder with men generating much less milt, and adult females failing to ovulate and spawn.
The tropical estuarine structures of Mexico and critical the United States are a tremendous a part of the region´s coastlines; for instance Mexico by myself possesses greater than 770 thousand hectares of mangroves, in addition to the biggest estuarine mangrove advanced at the American Pacific (Marismas Nacionales), but is without doubt one of the poorest studied components on the earth.
- Marine Decapod Crustacea of Southern Australia: A Guide to Identification
- Body Size: The Structure and Function of Aquatic Ecosystems (Ecological Reviews)
- Diel Vertical Migration of Zooplankton in Lakes and Oceans: causal explanations and adaptive significances
- Tsunami Events and Lessons Learned: Environmental and Societal Significance: 35 (Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research)
Additional resources for Freshwater Algae of North America: Ecology and Classification (Aquatic Ecology)
Freshwater Algae of North America: Ecology and Classification (Aquatic Ecology) by John D. Wehr,Robert G. Sheath,J. Patrick Kociolek