By Anthony P. Farrell
This 4 quantity encyclopedia covers the variety of fish body structure in over three hundred articles and offers access point details for college students and precis overviews for researchers alike.
Broadly organised into 4 issues, articles conceal useful, Thematic, and Phylogenetic body structure, and Fish Genomics
Functional articles deal with the normal elements of fish body structure which are universal to all parts of vertebrate body structure together with: replica, breathing, Neural (Sensory, significant, Effector), Endocrinology, Renal, Cardiovascular, Acid-base stability, Osmoregulation, Ionoregulation, Digestion, Metabolism, Locomotion, and so on.
Thematic body structure articles are conscientiously chosen and less in quantity. they supply a degree of integration that is going past the insurance within the sensible body structure themes and contain discussions of Toxicology, Air-breathing, Migrations, Temperature, Endothermy, etc.
Phylogenetic body structure articles collect info that bridges the body structure of yes groupings of fishes the place the data base has a adequate intensity and breadth and contain articles on historical Fishes, Tunas, Sharks, etc.
Genomics articles describe the underlying genetic part of fish body structure and excessive gentle their suitability and use as version organisms for the learn of affliction, tension and physiological variations and reactions to exterior conditions.
- Winner of a 2011 PROSE Award Honorable Mention for Multivolume technology Reference from the organization of yankee Publishers
- The definitive encyclopedia for the sphere of fish physiology
- Three volumes which comprehensively hide the full box in over three hundred entries written by way of experts
- Detailed assurance of simple useful body structure of fishes, physiological issues in fish biology and comparative body structure among taxonomic Groups
- Describes the genomic bases of fish body structure and biology and using fish as version organisms in human physiological research
- Includes a word list of terms
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Fish Physiology: From Genome to Environment PDF
Best marine biology books
The time period "zooplankton" describes the group of floating, usually microscopic, animals that inhabit aquatic environments. Being close to the bottom of the nutrients chain, they function nutrition for higher animals, comparable to fish. The ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the ocean) Zooplankton technique guide presents complete assurance of contemporary recommendations in zooplankton ecology written via a bunch of overseas specialists.
Comprising through a ways the most important and so much different team of vertebrates, fishes occupy a huge swathe of habitats starting from the private ocean abyss to the top mountain lakes. Such very good ecological variety and the consequent sort in way of life, anatomy, body structure and behaviour, make unraveling the evolutionary historical past of fishes a frightening job.
Of all vertebrates, fish convey remarkable variety of sexual plasticity and suppleness, starting from gonochorism to unisexualism, and unparalleled styles of useful hermaphroditism. Fish farming and monosex aquaculture have resulted in reproductive disorder with men generating much less milt, and women failing to ovulate and spawn.
The tropical estuarine platforms of Mexico and valuable the United States are an incredible a part of the region´s coastlines; for instance Mexico by myself possesses greater than 770 thousand hectares of mangroves, in addition to the biggest estuarine mangrove advanced at the American Pacific (Marismas Nacionales), but is likely one of the poorest studied parts on this planet.
- Big, Bold and Blue: Lessons from Australia's Marine Protected Areas
- Billion-Dollar Fish: The Untold Story of Alaska Pollock
- Encyclopedia of Marine Mammals
- Freshwater Crayfish: A Global Overview
- An Introduction To Using GIS In Marine Biology: Supplementary Workboook Seven: An Introduction To Using QGIS (Quantum GIS)
- Staghorn Corals of the World: A Revision of the Genus Acropora
Extra info for Encyclopedia of Fish Physiology: From Genome to Environment
Encyclopedia of Fish Physiology: From Genome to Environment by Anthony P. Farrell