By Michael Peacock
About This Book
- Get your initiatives up and operating quick and without problems by way of simulating complex environments that may be simply shared with colleagues
- Provision digital machines utilizing Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- A sensible, hands-on advisor that is helping you the right way to create robust and versatile digital improvement environments
Who This publication Is For
If you're a developer who desires to have your improvement surroundings properly mirror your reside servers to take on the ever-increasing complexity of net and software program tasks, this e-book is most definitely meant for you!
It's assumed that you simply understand the fundamentals of Linux structures within the context of web-based projects.
What you'll Learn
- Integrate your individual computing device with the digital laptop of your improvement environment
- Install Vagrant on a number of systems akin to home windows, OS X, and Linux
- Familiarize your self with Vagrant operations similar to port forwarding, disk mapping, and networking
- Install and deal with software program programs utilizing Puppet, Ansible, and Chef
- Set up and regulate a number of digital machines at the same time in the comparable project
- Build and deal with your individual base field for Vagrant
- Discover tips on how to manage an easy LEMP server for a Vagrant project
Vagrant is an open resource software program used to create and deal with digital improvement environments. it may be thought of a wrapper round virtualization software program akin to VirtualBox and configuration administration software program resembling Chef, Ansible, and Puppet.
This booklet appears on the capability that virtualization deals us, and breaks down the method of making a distributable and robust digital improvement atmosphere. you are going to how one can create extra complicated improvement environments including a number of digital machines, permitting you to imitate multi-server construction environments.
Finally, you will achieve an perception into Vagrant Cloud, that's a set of net providers outfitted into Vagrant with the intention to remotely view purposes on a Vagrant instance.
Read or Download Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - Second Edition PDF
Best open source programming books
Unharness the ability of the Android OS and construct the types of excellent, cutting edge apps clients like to use when you already comprehend your method round the Android OS and will construct an easy Android app in below an hour, this e-book is for you. If you’re itching to work out simply how a ways you could push it and realize what Android is basically in a position to, it’s for you.
How are you going to make the most of the Django framework to combine advanced client-side interactions and real-time gains into your net functions? via a sequence of fast software improvement initiatives, this hands-on e-book indicates skilled Django builders the best way to contain relaxation APIs, WebSockets, and client-side MVC frameworks comparable to spine.
Professional Spring updates the perennial bestseller with the newest that the Spring Framework four has to provide. Now in its fourth version, this renowned publication is by way of some distance the main accomplished and definitive therapy of Spring to be had. With professional Spring, you’ll study Spring fundamentals and middle subject matters, and percentage the authors’ insights and real–world stories with remoting, Hibernate, and EJB.
Use Linux boxes in its place virtualization strategy to virtualize your working approach setting. This publication will disguise LXC’s unrivaled flexibility with virtualization and LXD’s delicate consumer adventure. sensible LXC and LXD starts via introducing you to Linux packing containers (LXC and LXD). you'll then plow through use situations according to LXC and LXD.
Additional resources for Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - Second Edition
Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - Second Edition by Michael Peacock