By Michael A. Borowitzka,Navid R. Moheimani
Read or Download Algae for Biofuels and Energy: 5 (Developments in Applied Phycology) PDF
Best marine biology books
The time period "zooplankton" describes the neighborhood of floating, usually microscopic, animals that inhabit aquatic environments. Being close to the bottom of the nutrition chain, they function foodstuff for better animals, reminiscent of fish. The ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the ocean) Zooplankton technique handbook offers accomplished assurance of contemporary concepts in zooplankton ecology written through a bunch of overseas specialists.
Comprising by way of some distance the most important and so much assorted team of vertebrates, fishes occupy a extensive swathe of habitats starting from the private ocean abyss to the top mountain lakes. Such wonderful ecological variety and the ensuing kind in way of life, anatomy, body structure and behaviour, make unraveling the evolutionary heritage of fishes a frightening activity.
Of all vertebrates, fish show unheard of range of sexual plasticity and suppleness, starting from gonochorism to unisexualism, and unparalleled styles of useful hermaphroditism. Fish farming and monosex aquaculture have resulted in reproductive disorder with men generating much less milt, and ladies failing to ovulate and spawn.
The tropical estuarine structures of Mexico and valuable the USA are an incredible a part of the region´s coastlines; for instance Mexico on my own possesses greater than 770 thousand hectares of mangroves, in addition to the biggest estuarine mangrove advanced at the American Pacific (Marismas Nacionales), but is without doubt one of the poorest studied components on the earth.
- Ecology and Classification of North American Freshwater Invertebrates (Aquatic Ecology (Academic Press))
- Biology of the Spotted Seatrout (CRC Marine Biology Series)
- Evolution of Lightweight Structures: Analyses and Technical Applications (Biologically-Inspired Systems)
- Water Hyacinth: Environmental Challenges, Management and Utilization
- Tracking Environmental Change Using Lake Sediments: Data Handling and Numerical Techniques: 5 (Developments in Paleoenvironmental Research)
- Oxidative Stress in Aquatic Ecosystems
Extra resources for Algae for Biofuels and Energy: 5 (Developments in Applied Phycology)
Algae for Biofuels and Energy: 5 (Developments in Applied Phycology) by Michael A. Borowitzka,Navid R. Moheimani