By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy presents a historic heritage, info the current prestige of information within the box, and defines the questions desiring realization in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is accomplished in its assurance and should definitely have extensive charm. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, common historical past, comparative body structure, anatomy and plenty of different fields will locate whatever new and interesting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers a whole evaluate of a major and immensely attention-grabbing quarter of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains a variety of illustrations in addition to accomplished charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of the entire recognized air-breathing species with very important facts on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Similar marine biology books
The time period "zooplankton" describes the group of floating, usually microscopic, animals that inhabit aquatic environments. Being close to the bottom of the nutrients chain, they function foodstuff for greater animals, equivalent to fish. The ICES (International Council for the Exploration of the ocean) Zooplankton technique handbook presents complete assurance of recent options in zooplankton ecology written through a bunch of overseas specialists.
Comprising by way of some distance the biggest and so much varied staff of vertebrates, fishes occupy a vast swathe of habitats starting from the private ocean abyss to the top mountain lakes. Such tremendous ecological range and the consequent style in way of life, anatomy, body structure and behaviour, make unraveling the evolutionary heritage of fishes a frightening activity.
Of all vertebrates, fish convey unheard of variety of sexual plasticity and suppleness, starting from gonochorism to unisexualism, and extraordinary styles of practical hermaphroditism. Fish farming and monosex aquaculture have ended in reproductive disorder with men generating much less milt, and ladies failing to ovulate and spawn.
The tropical estuarine structures of Mexico and relevant the US are a major a part of the region´s coastlines; for instance Mexico on my own possesses greater than 770 thousand hectares of mangroves, in addition to the most important estuarine mangrove complicated at the American Pacific (Marismas Nacionales), but is among the poorest studied parts on the planet.
- Marine Mammal Physiology: Requisites for Ocean Living (CRC Marine Biology Series)
- Thorp and Covich's Freshwater Invertebrates: Ecology and General Biology
- Freshwater Crustacean Zooplankton of Europe: Cladocera & Copepoda (Calanoida, Cyclopoida) Key to species identification, with notes on ecology, distribution, methods and introduction to data analysis
- Biology and Culture of Asian Seabass Lates Calcarifer
- From an Antagonistic to a Synergistic Predator Prey Perspective: Bifurcations in Marine Ecosystem
- Biology and Management of Invasive Quagga and Zebra Mussels in the Western United States
Additional info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation by Jeffrey B. Graham