By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This booklet analyzes the advanced explanations and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either regionally and the world over, and examines the next wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful rates from modern figures and first files starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the us to the 2006 Iraq examine crew Report
• includes 12 biographies starting from Osama bin encumbered to George W. Bush that offer special historical past on vital figures from the era
• provides a chronology of occasions from the Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• encompasses a opt for bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the warfare in Iraq; fatherland safety; and the warfare on terror
• features a exact thesaurus of keyword phrases akin to "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read Online or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Similar terrorism books
With the ten-year anniversary of Sep 11 now in the back of us, one severe query persists. Have regulations enacted to guard us from terrorist assaults really made us more secure, or have they only mollified the involved public with a fake experience of safeguard? fatherland safeguard: what's It and the place we're Going combines expert stories, own reflections, and educational scholarship to supply a practical review of present coverage effectiveness.
The european has lengthy been visible as confederation that has didn't assert itself successfully at the overseas degree. during this assortment, a chain of specialists speak about how the european has shed its attractiveness as a vulnerable foreign actor in gentle of its regulations on police cooperation and intelligence-sharing as a part of the worldwide attempt to wrestle terrorism
Worldwide drug trafficking intersects with an enormous array of overseas safety matters starting from battle and terrorism to migration and kingdom balance. greater than simply one other merchandise at the foreign safety schedule, drug trafficking in reality exacerbates threats to nationwide and overseas safeguard.
This ebook is the 1st accomplished educational learn of German right-wing terrorism because the early Nineteen Sixties on hand within the English language. It deals a special in-depth research of German violent, extremist right-wing pursuits, terrorist occasions, teams, networks and members. furthermore, the publication discusses the so-called ‘National Socialist Underground’ (NSU) terror mobilephone, which was once exposed in past due 2011 through the professionals.
Extra resources for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide
9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide by Tom Lansford Ph.D.